Superfood Low Histamine Smoothie Recipe
Are you looking for a low histamine smoothie to kickstart your breakfast routine?
Having trouble packing in those morning greens?
If you’re histamine intolerant and aiming for a vibrant burst of breakfast nutrients, I’ve got a great low histamine smoothie recipe for you.
In fact, this recipe is much more than just a low histamine breakfast smoothie….it’s an anti-histamine smoothie, meaning it can actually help to reduce your internal histamine load.
Talk about a win-win!
Selecting the Right Veggies for Your Green Smoothie Recipe...
When it comes to histamine intolerance, selecting veggies to create the perfect green smoothie can be a bit tough. When common smoothie ingredients, such as spinach, are off limits, you need to get a bit more creative in the kitchen.
Additionally, it’s important to ensure you’re using smoothie ingredients that complement one-another and improve symptoms that commonly occur along with histamine intolerance, such as digestive distress and inflammation.
By the way, if your current low histamine diet isn't also focussing on foods that reduce inflammation and help to control and heal your intolerance, you should begin using my more comprehensive histamine intolerance food list. Get it free by clicking below.
The Science Behind Your Low Histamine Smoothie
Today, I’ve created a smoothie recipe for you that is not only safe for histamine intolerance but, also contains ingredients to actually improve your histamine symptoms.
Below, I discuss some notable ingredients to help you understand the complex science behind this simple low histamine smoothie recipe.
- Oil (fat) is added to the smoothie to enhance nutrient absorption of fat-soluble nutrients and ease digestion by boosting the release of bile, a powerful digestive fluid
- Ginger root is added to create an antihistamine smoothie effect by reducing the release of histamine from H2 receptors
- Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory to further improve inflammatory histamine symptoms
- Garlic acts as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial in order to reduce inflammation and improve health status of the gut which is associated with histamine intolerance
- The vegetables and greens in this low histamine smoothie recipe are rich in nutrients while possessing a combination of anti-inflammatory and prebiotic effects
So go ahead and blend up this low histamine smoothie - it’s super easy and will have your body thanking you!
Low Histamine Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 small zucchini
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ inch ginger root
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of sprouts
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of basil
- Blend all ingredients together until very smooth.
Want more low histamine recipes like this? Check out my nutritionist-approved Low Histamine Cookbook Bundle with 170 delicious recipes!
Put your health in nature's hands.
Anita Tee, Nutritional Scientist